Welcome to NIRM
Today's business education offers countless kinds of opportunities and directions—in any kind of setting, anywhere in the world.
First things first: a business education is earned by completing a business school program, in which students engage in traditional academic coursework and instruction based on real business challenges. Through this intensive experience that lasts one to two years (or more), the program prepares you for a lifetime of management responsibilities in business.
Four Reasons to Take a Closer Look Why should you think about getting a business education? Here are four very good reasons:
Business education gives you control.
Business is how we buy and sell, innovate and grow, learn and share. If you think of yourself as a company of one, you need to build your own business skills to reach your professional and personal goals. Business school can help you get there.
Business education unlocks a world of opportunity.
A business education is the key to employment with an amazing range of companies and organizations around the world. Why? Because you'll be instantly recognized as someone with leadership and management skills. Plus, your network of fellow students, faculty and alumni will help supercharge your career even more.
It's an investment in you.
Looking for a career with real growth and job stability? On average, students who pursue a business management course end up earning as much as twice as much as those with undergraduate degrees.
Business education helps you give back.
The abilities and insights gained during business education can enhance your career and help you contribute more to the world around you. Whether in your free time or through a non-traditional career, your degree can be used to improve life in your city, your country or beyond.
If you're ready to make a bigger difference with a business management course, take the next step.
The Indian retail industry is undergoing a phase where the consumer buying patterns and behavior are changing. The whole world is witnessing a major Retail revolution. The retail impact is not only limited to urban areas but also growing in rural areas. This growth has resulted in a need for skilled Manpower requirement in Retail Industry and the prime focus of National Institute of Retail and Management is to support this Retail industry by providing trained and skilled Man power.
Some of the facts of this Retail revolution are as mentioned below.
- Retail is the fastest growing sector, not just in the Indian economy, but across the globe.
- The Retail sector in India alone is worth more than US$ 350 billion, of which only about US$ 40 Million is organized retail.
- It is no wonder that the big Retailing giants of the world be it Walmart, Carrefour, Tesco, etc. are trying to set up shops in India.
- Besides, all the major Indian conglomerates like Reliance, Future Group, Bharti, Tata, RPG, Aditya Birla Group, etc. have all established their presence in the Retail Sector.
- Retail Sector hires more than 2 million people in India currently. It is expected to grow at a rate of 20% annually for the next 5 years.
- Retail Sector is expected to add more than 1 million working professionals in the next 5 years.
- Organized retailing in small town is growing at 50-60% a year as compared to 35-40% in large cities.
- The fastest growing organized retail categories are - Health & Beauty Care (59% p.a.), Food & Grocery (43% p.a.), Entertainment & Catering services (42% each), Footwear and Mobiles (36% each), Apparel & fashion accessories and Jewelery (32% each).